Monday, April 9, 2012

Woodlands Baby Shower Invite


I have been busy making plans / crafts for two baby showers - one that I am hosting and one that I am attending.  I came up with this simple baby shower invite.

I used the Cricut "Give a hoot" cartridge for the little critters on this.  I have plans to use that same cartridge for some of the other crafts that I have planned.  The group of animals was created by using the various layers that are available on the cartridge - 5 layers in fact!

I used my sewing machine to roughly the sew the edges and just used a coordinating thread.

For the "Welcoming Alice" and the paint splash I ran the edge of the paper in crafting ink to give it a smudged appearance.

The card size used was the DCVW a2 - multi pack cards.  To print on the inside, I opened up my Word Document and changed my paper size to : 5.5" x 8.5" with a margin of .5" on all sides.


2 comments:

  1. That card is just adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute . . I love the idea of sewing around the edge! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete